Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today's Adventure

Today's Adventure




We've kept hearing about a new Mexican Restaurant named Chuy's. This started in Austin, TX and it is amazing, everything you think about close to the border Mexican food. Eclectically designed. Well to be apolitically correct I'd say a bunch of really cook crap on the walls! The part of the restaurant that we sat in was their "hub-cap room"- the ceiling looked a little like this.


And it covered the entire ceiling. We also got to look at black-velvet paintings of retro cars. Something near and dear to Dan's and my heart!

So now to the food, started with a salsa that more or less resembled blended pica de gio but it was tasty. The chips were so good I didn't even eat much of the salsa. I ordered the fajita, which are my favorite. They make home-made floured tortillas there and they are the fluffy home-made kind that leave traces of flour on your hands and fingers.




Spread so big it took two pictures. And yes we had cocktails at three pm but who cares? I had to test out the margita- right? Well yeah I did and it was good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes good food and a fun atmosphere. However, one suggestion- go early or late as this is a new restaurant on "restaurant row" everyone is jumping to get in. 



My eating partner had no complients either. Dan ordered the Beef Tex-Mex Enchiladas and a Corona.

No comments:

Post a Comment