Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's For Dinner?

What's For Dinner?



     What's for dinner?  The question asked across this great country every day.  As a kid I remember asking that question and being so happy when I was told we were having something like spaghetti.  Being that Dan and I wake up extremely early and I don't get off until seven our evenings always revolve around dinner.  Unfortunately for us we were out of everything and are really trying to cut back on the fast food.  It is tasty, but, come one there are like a bizillion calories in it, it's expensive and really bad for you.  Our solution trek out to the grocery store. 

    We decided to go to a local grocery store and not the big box, soul sucking, power houses like Walmart or Target.  Of course you pay more for these smaller stores, but, at least your helping the community and you get a better selection of meats and produce.  

    In my fantasy land, I would be June Cleaver waiting for my family with a nice pot roast and a homemade chocolate cake with that fifties dreamy smile plastered on my face.  My hair would be perfect as would my makeup and I would have loving set my table for the perfect family dinner.  As this is 2012 and I am not a housewife- one, because it isn't the fifties, two people have to work to maintain a household these days and two, I would probably go berzurk and blow up my town from boredom.  We each got to choose our own dinners.  I got a frozen pasta thing which was surprisingly tasty and Dan made himself chili dogs.  Ah yes, we are that modern family aren't we?

    Tomorrow we will make our lasagna, something we tried to do tonight but were too tired to wait for that thing to cook.  We'll cuddle on the couch, watch movies and wait for Friday.

Love and Din,

Steph

1 comment: