Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fish Fry and a Pineapple Cake


Pineapple Cakes and a Fish Fry!
     
      Today is Sunday in Broken Bow, which means there isn’t a lot to do. The boutique is closed along with many other locally owned and operated businesses. Really it’s kind of nice in a small town quaint way… so long as you are in the mood to hang around the house with you family and I was!


      We started out with a home-made breakfast sandwich and then went to work pulling last year’s Canna’s out of the ground. We then went to pulling weeds in the front yards flower gardens. I S.O.S.ed all the tree sap off of the railing around the porch making them sparkly white- we even made a trip to Wal-Mart for tomatoes and peppers to plant. (Each year we make fabulous home-made salsa and it may possibly the best salsa ever! We can it so it can be enjoyed all year round.) 


     After taking a snack break we went to un-covering the swimming pool… yuck. It wasn’t as bad as I expected but someone forgot to take the vacuum out and it slippery with muck and slime. I also had to give my dog a bath because he thought ant killer looked like something that needed to be investigated! Don’t worry he’s okay!


      We, as this title implies, had a fish fry tonight and my grandparents came over to enjoy some freshly caught bass. It was delicious, I had been wanting some really good home-cooked southern foods. No matter water you just can't get that home cooked taste from a restaurant. You just cant. Hushpuppies, baked beans, French fries and, of course, the fish. Wash that down with some sweet tea and I was a happy camper. Everyone ate my pineapple cake that I made last night and agreed it was sansationally delicious!!


      Now we are going to finish up our project and play some Gin Rummy. I really wish that Daniel had got to come with me it’s not the same without Danny making me laugh; I can’t wait to see him tomorrow. It’s time like this that I realize how much having my whittles around means to me!


Love and Pineapple Cakes-
Stephanie 


Don’t worry I will make a blog about our Pineapple Cake adventure later. Man I wish I had remembered my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment