Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Oscar the Super Dog!


Oscar Hebrew National

       As some of you know I work with dogs at what is basically a glorified kennel.  We play with the dogs, feed them, water them, and give them their medicine- should they be on any!  What’s cool about this is I may take my dog if we aren’t completely booked up and we are right now because it’s Spring Break and everyone is on vacation except me right now… sad! But I really enjoy working with dogs; they are fun and so entertaining to watch!

       With that said let me get to the real meat of this blog- my dog.  His name is Oscar (we didn’t name him or trust me he would have something more original for a weiney dog) Oscar Hebrew National is his technical title.  Although we call him everything from Buddy to Chewey and more. It’s a wonder that he even knows what his name is with the amount of nicknames thrown this little dogs way.  And yes I know that I have talked about my dog on this blog before, I also am fully aware that I am more than a little bit obsessed with him but I don’t care about that!

       We adopted Oscar from our local SPCA Unit; he was thrown over the fence there in the middle of the night.  I can’t understand why because after working with dogs as much as I do trust me there are some real terrrors out there and Oscar isn’t one.  Oh he’s a Dachshund through and through.  He’s stubborn and obnoxious when the door bell has rung.  He gets snippy when pushed to far… basically he’s Daniel and I!  Well all expect for ringing the door bell, I don’t mind company- Dan on the other hand; he’ll bite ya if you ring that thing.

       Oscar is always happy when we come home, he’s his happiest when we are all home together as a little family, he is most content to snuggle in your lap with a blanket over him if you just want to watch some T.V. and should we need to travel he’s more than happy to take the passenger seat as the first mate on our voyage!  Oscar has traveled more than most people; he even goes with us when we go to Miami, FL to visit relatives!

Please remember when looking for a dog, they aren’t puppies forever- do your homework when getting a breed. We love Oscar and are so happy that whomever owned him before us took him to the SPCA so we could adopt him, it would be nice if no dog ever had to deal with being dumped and or abandoned.  If your wanting to add a loving loyal companion such as a dog to your family- please remember to browse your local animal shelters first I promise those dogs need good homes and they know that you rescued them!



This blog is dedicated to Oscar- We love you!!
This isn't my dog, he hates getting a bath I just thought it was cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment