Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

For The Love of Dogs


For The Love of Dogs



       As I have been working for a doggy dare care and lodging camp center for pooches for the past week, I thought this would make a good entry.  I’ve loved dogs my entire life, when I was four my mom got remarried and we got a Golden Retriever named Rex. I don’t know why we decided to get him, maybe it was to make the transition easier for me? But I digress, my love for dogs really started with that dog. I know that Goldie’s are known for their sweet temperament and patience with kids and this dog was no exception.  He used to let me try and ride him, dress him up, and I am sure there are a few things that I have forgotten. He was my best friend, I could and would talk to him about any problems I may have been having at the time. Coming as an only child from a divorced home I told him secrets that no one else would understand. He died when I was seventeen the whole family mourned for that dog and I don’t think that anyone gets over losing a dog like that.

       Skip ahead a few years and now I am grown up with a dog of my own. He’s name is Oscar Hebrew National, Dan and I adopted him from the Tulsa SPCA, someone threw him over the fence there in the middle of the night. We don’t know much about his background because of the circumstances he was found, but I can tell you he is the best dog and whom ever gave him up was a fool. I don’t know if it’s because we’ve rescued him from the pound and he knows it, or what, but I have never had a bond like this with any animal… not even Rex.  This is Danny’s and mines furry little baby, we love playing with him and spoiling him rotten!


When we first got Osky four years ago, I was recovering from Anxiety Disorder and severe panic attacks- I rarely have  anxiety attacks now, but, when I do he knows that I am having a tough time and he doesn’t leave my side. Even today I had a migraine and had to come home and lay down this dog knew I wasn’t feeling good and he cuddled next to me to try and make me feel better.

       Now that three hours have passed I’m feeling better and Osk is snoring on my foot, he occasionally looks back at me- as if to say, “Yeah, are you feeling better yet? You’ve been asleep for a while now and I need to go out for a walk.” So if you have a four legged best friend enjoy and cherish their company while they’re here, they really are Man’s Best Friend.
Click the video below to see more about why weiney dogs make the best little companions!


No comments:

Post a Comment