Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo


“Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo”


The title really doesn’t have anything to do with today’s entry.  If you’re smart enough to figure out what I am talking about (without Googling it!) I award you 50 imaginary gold stars which can be redeemed at any time!  Man work was really rough today, I had to be there at six in the morning and if any of you know me personally, you know that sleep is vital to my mood and not getting enough turns me into Bruce Banner… when he’s angry.  Sunday’s are weird at work you get there at six and leave at ten then go back at three and leave at six. Sound like fun? Not so much I like the break but getting motivated to go back isn’t easy.

The purpose of today’s entry you may be asking yourself is: at work there is a dog named Ralphie and all day all I want to do is sing Ralphie Wiggum by The Bloodhound Gang. So this got me thinking about how much The Simpsons has influenced pop culture.  It debuted in December 1989… which means I am only three years older than this show.  Think about it, a TV show that is 23 years old is insane! Especially with the attention span of American’s today.


We nerds that love and idolize this show make quotes from it in our everyday lives, we laugh when people that claim to hate the show laugh at our clever one liners… but I digress.  There were stamps made, yes actual postage stamps with the characters from The Simpsons, when The Simpsons movie debuted Seven-Eleven turned Slurpie’s into Squishies, The Bloodhound Gang has of course made the song Ralphie Wiggum. I could go on but hopefully you’re seeing my point.


Now we have to live with the fact that our beloved animated sitcom is coming to a close, two more seasons and Fox is apparently throwing in the towel.  I for one will miss looking forward to Sunday because Sunday’s are Simpson days. It’s seems like the en of an era… and no amount of Family Guy’s or Futurama’s or any other animated shows can fill those Krusty the Clown sized shoes.  I posted the Bloodhound Gang video below, watch and enjoy!




Hugs and Yellow Animated Characters-



Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment