Welcome to my world, this blog is nothing more than the randomness that dominates my life. Enjoy.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Let's Go To The Movies

My Big List of Awesome Movies!

Alright so this isn't really a big list, but it is a few of some of my favorite movies. They are in no particular order as I view them as a sacred form of art and entertainment. So here it goes hope one day when you are roaming around the Netflex files this may guide you to something spectacular...

1. Dan In Real Life:  Steve Carell stars as Dan, who is raising his three adolescent daughters by himself after his wife passed away. He is an advise columnist, who helps people with their own relationships even though he hasn't been able to find anyone worth while since his wife passed. But more importantly, it's a heartwarming story about a family coming together. I love movies that have a lived in feel to their sets and this one has it in spades. I just want to walk around in this make believe Hollywood set of a home.

2. Arthur (the re-make):  Russell Brand and Helen Mirren make such a great comedic team in this movie. I loved it, being that the originally was a bit before my time I think the re-make is the bees knees. Brand plays an eccentric millionaire spent on having a good time and not taking life to seriously. It's such a great movie that makes you laugh and yes cry a little too!

3. Under the Tuscan Sun: The lovely Diane Lane (wish I could have her skin it's so pretty it makes me sick) is a divorcee rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her. She takes a leap of faith and buys a home in Cortona, Italy. Learning to speak a new language and learning to look for love again. Total chick flick, but sometimes chicks just need to flick.

4. Twilight: We all know the ridiculous story, but, I love this movie because it again has the indie feel that I love and the soundtrack is amazing!

5. Little Miss Sunshine: Another Steve Carell movie this is probably the least Hollywood family movie ever. It's just real.

6. Garden State: Zach Braff wrote and directed this film. Couldn't be more brillant, Braff and Natalie Portman play a quirky couple that meet and fall for each other in a short time. Braff also must overcome family issues with his stay in his home town in New Jersey. Again this is one of those indie feel good films that I am a sap for.

7. It's Complicated: Meryl Streep, Steve Marin and Alec Baldwin. Need I say more? Oh, I do okay... Meryl and Alec play a divorced couple that have a fling while Meryl and Steve start to build a relationship. As I said earlier movies with really good sets draw me in, I can actually see the actors living in the homes because they look like they belong there. Nancy Meyers films are so good at this, almost all of her films have a house that I could die for.

8. Driving Miss Daisy: Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy make are fabulous together. It's a classic so I won't go into much detail but if for some reason you've been under a rock and don't know much about this film... go rent it. Now. 

9. Tommy Boy: Chris Farley and David Spade I know every line by heart and trust me around my house you more often than not you will hear a Tommy Boy quote.

10. The Help: Based on the novel which is an amazing book. With such real characters you can't help but love to hate them. Set in the 1960's (you know it stole this vintage girls heart with the costumes) it deals with the stuff that America would like to sweep under the rug, civil rights and racism in the South. Wonderful story of hope, love and basic human rights. 


P.S. anything that has a book series to it... I am so there. Just watched The Hunger Games in theaters, I play on buying it when it comes out to DVD and of course I have all the Harry Potters! Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment